Go Beyond creates opportunities for Rancho youth to engage local and global communities through creative and holistic service encounters, to prepare global Minded Christians who extend the love of Christ all over the world.
WHAT GO BEYOND OFFERS
All Rancho youth the opportunity to connect with community service and ministry opportunities from 4th grade through high school, each opportunity taking them deeper in their faith and world view, further geographically.
- Prepares students to confidently engage their global community.
- Provides youth the touch points to the world outside of the Rancho walls.
- Provides the opportunity for Rancho youth to apply what they learn in class and in church to their service to others.
- Provides training in cross-cultural communication and intercultural relationship building.
- This experience starts before the trip by planning, learning, and preparing and continues when you return as you have made new relationships and follow up with your trip that you continue to maintain.
- Provides debriefing, so students can fully process intense ministry experiences.
- Cultivates a caring faith community.
GO BEYOND GOALS
Our main goal is to assure that service opportunities and mission experiences do not become isolated, independent events, but rather continuous interactive extensions of a Christ-like community. In this way, the greater community is strengthened and encouraged by the experiences of others. Best practices are also learned and applied as the community shares their experiences.
- Integrate ministry experiences into the wider Rancho world.
- Invest our time and resources in ministry efforts that have the most impact.
- Create simple structures of promotion, inscription and vetting that can be used across ministry platforms.
- Impact of God’s work in the student’s lives should also impact, encourage, and inspire the broader Rancho community.
We want to assure that the ministry experience continues beyond the end of the trip.